Do I have the proper ID? What's the deadline?

Minnesota has been granted yet another extension for REAL ID enforcement, allowing Federal agencies to accept driver’s licenses and identification cards from Minnesota at Federal facilities, nuclear power plants and federally regulated commercial aircraft until May 7th, 2025. After May 7th, 2025, you will need a GOVERNMENT ISSUED ID or REAL ID. Adult passengers 18 and over must show valid identification at the airport security checkpoint in order to travel. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) does not require children under 18 to provide identification when traveling with a companion within the United States. Contact the airline for questions regarding specific ID requirements for travelers under 18, especially when considering "lap child" status. More information can be found at

Show All Answers

1. How early should we arrive before our flight leaves?
2. Is it okay if I bring ________? Will this item pass security?
3. Do I have the proper ID? What's the deadline?
4. Where can you go using St. Cloud Regional Airport?
5. Where can I find the answers to my frequently asked questions (FAQs)?