Airport Operations and Maintenance (position posted 11/29/23)
Job Type: Full-time
About Us: St. Cloud Regional Airport Authority is a dynamic organization committed to ensuring the smooth and safe operation of St. Cloud Regional Airport. We are seeking a dedicated and skilled Airport Operations and Maintenance Worker to join our team.
- Conduct routine inspections and maintenance of airport facilities, including runways, taxiways, and terminal areas.
- Perform repairs and address maintenance issues to ensure the airport's infrastructure is in optimal condition.
- Monitor and respond to airfield emergencies and incidents.
- Assist in the implementation of safety protocols and procedures.
- Collaborate with airport staff and external service providers to coordinate maintenance activities.
- Operate specialized airport equipment and vehicles.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in airport operations and maintenance preferred.
- Knowledge of FAA regulations and airport safety protocols.
- Ability to operate and maintain airport equipment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- CDL Class B required within six months of accepting the position.
- Competitive wage commensurate with experience.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Retirement savings plan.
- Opportunities for professional development.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are required to complete the employment application. Once complete, email the job application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Airport Operations and Maintenance Worker" in the subject line. You are welcome to provide a resume and/or cover letter in addition to the application if preferred.
The position will be open until filled, and the Airport reserves the right to cancel the job announcement at any time. Feel free to reach out to Airport administration at 320-255-7292 with any questions.
St. Cloud Regional Airport Authority is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
General Employment Information
The St. Cloud Regional Airport is owned and operated by the St. Cloud Regional Airport Authority.
So you want to work at the airport?
Under the St. Cloud Regional Airport Authority, there are eight municipal employees: Airport Director, Assistant Airport Director, Airport Secretary, and five Maintenance and Operations personnel.
Everyone else working on the airfield is a tenant or contractor of the airport. If you want to be an Air Traffic Controller, contact Midwest ATC. If you want to be a TSA security officer, go to www.TSA.gov. If you want to work on the front line fueling and marshaling planes, contact St. Cloud Aviation. If you want to work in avionics or mechanics, contact St. Cloud Aviation. If you want to be a flight instructor or pilot charters, contact Wright Aero. If you want to work for the airline, the ground handler is Trego/Dugan, a company hired by airlines to do ticket counter, handle baggage, and marshal commercial planes. Trego/Dugan's employment ads are on Indeed.com, or there's a job application available. Interested parties can stop by the ticket counter at the airport at a time when there's a commercial flight and ask for the station manager.
Employment opportunities may exist with these other businesses located at the airport. Additional contact info is located below. More details can be found here. For your information, individuals with interest in aviation can participate in local groups on the airfield as listed here.
For more information on employment opportunities, please contact these businesses directly.